Monday 8 July 2013

Adventures in the Deep South

On the 24th July, I will be heading to the Deep South for a month and a half - I begin my journey in Charlotte, North Carolina, and fly out of New Orleans at the end of August. This will be my first trip solo, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the historical sites of Charleston, Savannah, the antebellum trail and of course, New Orleans...I'm taking a travel diary (it's easier to write stuff down rather than typing it on my phone) but I can't wait to experience the culture, the food, and hopefully chat to as many people as possible about the history of the South and what has shaped their consciousness. Slavery, the Civil War, Reconstruction - my favourite era in American history changed the nature of that country for ever.

Here's to Summer 2013...

No comments:

Post a Comment